Friday, June 17, 2011

Research

Lately I have been swallowed by the book "Live Right 4 Your Type" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. 
Basically the book provides lifestyle strategies, dietary guidelines, and other techniques for each individual blood type. I'm not going to sum up the whole book for each blood type, but I did want to focus in on how much our diets affect us and some small lifestyle changes that make a HUGE difference. I've had many "ah-ha" moments from reading the specific strategies and foods to avoid or to eat for my blood type. 



For example, I always walk right by the chicken section at the grocery store unless I'm desperate for something to cook and need some fast and easy last minute baked chicken. I never put much thought to it until I read that chicken is a red flag food to avoid my blood type. I said to myself, "Good, I never liked how it made me feel anyways!" :) 



Another thing I learned is that "alternate nostril breathing" is great for lowering your cortisol level and stress that may cause issues in my blood type. As I thought more about it, my favorite yoga videos were always the ones that started with this alternate nostril breathing as a form of meditation. I find myself choosing that video often these days! :) 


If you are curious to why chicken and meditation reacted with my body this way, please refer to the book and dig a little into it yourself. I listed examples specific to me. Who knows what you may find to help you.

I'm by no means trying to advertise this book specifically. There are many great books and videos out there. I'm just planting the seed of how important it is to pay attention to what goes into our body and how some exercises, herbs, and meditation can really go a long way! This also explains why Arbonne puts so much research into their products and why I love them so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment